Board Members of Condominium Associations have a fiduciary duty to ensure owners’ interests are protected. When a catastrophic event occurs, this responsibility comes into sharp focus.
Without being involved on a daily basis in the insurance industry, can the Board of Directors be knowledgeable as to the complexities of the Association’s entitlements and responsibilities under the Master Insurance Policy?
• Do State Statutes supersede Condominium Documents or the Insurance Policy given the circumstances of this claim?
• What are the responsibilities of the Unit Owners?
• What are the responsibilities of the Association?
• Is it an error to hire a General Contractor to negotiate your claim?
• How do you bring the Association and its owners together with the common purpose of a proper settlement with the Insurance carrier?
Our references include many Associations who will verify the significance of Keys Claims’s involvement in their recovery.